Import Export Code Registration
IEC registration is required by a person for exporting or importing goods. IEC is known as many names such as importer exporter code, import export code, import export license, import export number, IE code, IEC license, IE license etc. It is a 10 digit code which is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). You can take IE code in your personal name or company name.
All businesses which are engaged in Import and Export of goods require registering Import Export Code. IE code has lifetime validity. Importers are not allowed to proceed without this code and exporters can’t take benefit of exports from DGFT, customs, Export Promotion Council, if they don’t have this code.
The IE Code must be quoted by importers while clearing customs. Also, banks require the importers IE Code while sending money abroad. For exporters, IE Code must be quoted while sending shipments. And banks require the exporters IE Code while receiving money from abroad. GB Legal Associates provides the service of Import Export Code Registration in Navi Mumbai. Also we have our official branches for Import Export Code Registration in Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai & Ahmedabad.
An IEC number issued to applicant shall be valid for all its divisions/ units/ factories/ branches. IEC is valid for lifetime and there is no need to renew the same.
The Directorate General of foreign Trade (DGFT) is the agency of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India, responsible for execution of the import and export Policies of India. It was earlier known as Chief Controller of Imports & Exports (CCI&E) till 1991.
1. One copy of the application must be submitted.
2. Each individual page of the application has to be signed by the applicant.
3. Application must be accompanied by documents as per details given below:
- Demand Draft of Rs.250 evidencing payment of application fee in favour of the concerned Regional Office of DGFT. Money can also be paid through Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
- Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the specified format.
- Self certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by Income Tax Authorities.
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant
- Photograph on the banker’s certificate should be attested by the banker of the applicant.
- Self addressed envelope and stamp of Rs. 30.
- These documents may be kept secured in a file cover. Self addressed envelope and stamp of Rs. 30.
The above documents may be sent by post or hand delivered at the concerned Regional Office of DGFT.